Definitions & Data
Source: ABI - Public information.
- Gross Premiums:Total premiums collected from policyholders.
- Net Premiums:Premiums collected less reinsurance bought (ceded) plus reinsurance sold (assumed).
- Investments & Savings: includes unit linked and non unit linked regular and single premium business, as well as collective life, insurance ISAs and life annuities.
- Individual & Work Pension: includes regular and single premium Personal Pensions, Stakeholder Pensions, GPPs, ESSs, SIPPs, FSAVCs, Pension Term Insurance, S32 Buyouts, Premium Waiver Benefits, and DWP Rebates.
- Trust-Based Pension: includes trust-based pensions, EPPs, SASSs, AVCs, TIPs, Bulk Buyouts and pension annuities. Managed fund business has been excluded.
- Protection and Other: includes Income Protection, Long Term Care, Stand Alone Critical Illness and any other long term business not included elsewhere.
- Rankings are provided at the group level.
- Data is predominatly sourced from forms 40-41 supplied to the FCA under the Interim Prudential Insurance Sourcebook for Insurers.